Angle Outpost Resort is the home of Red Fox Ice Fishing Company.
In 2008, Jason and Lisa Goulet purchased RC Carlson Ice Fishing Company from founder Robert Carlson, Lisa's uncle. The fishing company has a long-standing reputation for providing expert services among the reefs and island structures of the Northwest Angle, allowing for world-class fishing action.
RED FOX ICE FISHING CO. SLEEPER HOUSES
- cast iron pan
- cutting board
- cook stove
- on-ice bathroom/toilet paper
What to bring:
- fishing license
- fishing gear
- warm clothing
- paper towel
- fillet knife
- cooking/dining utensils (don't forget a can opener)
- groceries (don't forget coffee, cooking oil, fish batter)
- plastic storage bags for fish
- water for washing and drinking
- playing cards, if desired
Red Fox Day Houses
Minimum $120 per night
|5||8x8, 6x10, 8x10||2-3||4-6|
Winter Packages include:
- Private lakefront cabin (vehicle plug-ins provided)
- Heated fish house
- Heated transportation
- Advice and information from the area's top guides
FL-12 Vexilar Rentals
- Available by advanced request only
Fish Cleaning Services
- available by advanced request only
- $1.50/fish for cleaning
- $2/fish for cleaning & packaging
2 Nights/2 Days
|7 or more||$290/person|
3 Nights/2 Days
|7 or more||$315/person|
4 Nights/3 Days
|7 or more||$410/person|
Guided Canadian Portable Fishing Excursions
|Each Add. Person||$50/day|
- Rate includes guide and portable fish house.
- Rate does not include bait or gas. Guests must use their own snowmobiles.
Call for details.
Ice Fishing Only
No lodging: $65/person/night
Double Occupancy Minimum
If you are traveling solo, you will be charged for 2 people.
All Prices Quoted U.S. Funds - Rates Subject to Change
Ice fishing FAQs
What should I bring?
- Warm clothing. Dress in layers to allow for the different temperatures you'll be experiencing in the fish house, bomber, and the outdoors. With windchill, temperatures can drop to -50° so warm outdoor clothing is essential.
- Fishing gear. If you do not have ice fishing gear, please request it in advance and we will provide it for you free of charge.
- Lunch. During our busy season, space is limited in the bombers, so please be courteous to other passengers by bringing only what is necessary.
- Groceries for breakfast and supper if you plan to dine in your cabin.
Is there a restaurant and/or bar nearby?
- Jerry's Restaurant & Bar is located just a few miles from camp and is open for breakfast, lunch and supper. For more information, call 218-223-8381.
How long will it take to get to the ice fishing location?
- It depends upon where the fish are biting. Bomber trips can take anywhere from 15-45 minutes, one way.
Can I drive myself out to the fish house?
- There are no plowed roads out to the fish houses, so track vehicles are necessary. Guests who transport themselves to the fishing site via snowmobile will be discounted $15/day.
The Million-dollar Question: What types of fish will I catch and how many?
- You will catch mainly walleye, sauger, pike, and perch.
- There are no guarantees in the fishing business, but you can expect to have better fishing here than any other location in Minnesota.
How big are the fish houses and how many people will be in each one?
- The majority of our houses are 4-man and 6-man houses. Dimensions are: 8x12 and 10x14.
- We strive to make your winter fishing experience as comfortable as possible so we will not put more people in each house than necessary. If you desire additional houses for your party (for instance, if your party of 4 wants to be divided among 2 houses), you must make a request in advance of your arrival and pay a surcharge of $15/person/day.
What fishing license do I need and where do I get it?
- You will need a MN fishing license.
- Your license can be purchased online here, or in our lodge.
- If you are booking a Canadian portable fishing excursion, purchase your license here. If you prefer, we will be happy to process the online purchase for you upon your arrival. You must have a photo ID, credit card, and if you are an existing customer, you will need your Outdoors Card number . We offer this service free of charge to our guests. Those who are not guests of the resort will be charged a $5 processing fee.