What do I need to know about crossing the US/Canada border? 
  • Have proper identification for every passenger.
  • Do not attempt to bring handguns, radar detection devices, live bait, firewood or pepper spray into Canada.
  • Alcohol is not limited if you are traveling directly to the NW Angle, but must be declared.
  • Those with a DUI or DWI on their records may be denied entrance into Canada.
  • For more details, click here.
What do I need to bring for the cabin? 
  • Groceries
  • Cards, board games, etc. if desired
  • Personal toiletries
  • For a complete list of everything we provide, click here.
What do I need to bring for open water fishing? 
  • Fishing license
  • Fishing gear
  • Identification
  • Sunscreen
  • Polarized sunglasses
  • Lunch (unless you have arranged for a shore lunch with your guide)
  • Insect repellant
  • Rain gear
  • for more information, click here
What do I need to bring for ice fishing? 
How much does it cost to hire a fishing guide? 
  • Each of our guides sets their own rates, but a rough estimate for a day of guided fishing for 4, including bait and fuel, is $450.
  • For individual guide rates, click here.
What fishing license do I need and where can I purchase it?
  • Red Fox Ice Fishing Co. operates on MN waters, so a MN license is required for ice fishing. A Canadian license is not necessary, unless you have booked a private Canadian ice fishing excursion.
  • For open water guided fishing, you will need an Ontario fishing license and possibly a MN license as well, depending on the arrangements you have made with your guide.
  • For fishing Canadian waters: click here
  • For fishing MN waters: click here
  • You can also buy your licenses at the Angle Outpost Lodge. Canadian licenses are purchased online, so a credit card is required. We offer this service free of charge to our guests, but non-guests are charged a $5/license processing fee.
  • For more information, click here.
What are my dining options?
  • Our cabins have full kitchens for cooking, as well as outdoor grills.
  • Jerry’s Bar & Restaurant is located just a few miles from camp. For more information, call: 218-223-8381.
Can I drive to the Northernmost point of the continuous United States?
  • No. The Northernmost point can be reached by water only. A guided excursion to the location can be arranged by contacting us via email: [email protected] or calling 800.441.5014. Resort guests only please.